Thursday, August 6, 2009

10,000 Burgers

Last night my brothers and I went to the OC Super Fair. It was a ton of fun, but a Lactosucrovegetard's nightmare.

If there is a "second hand smoke" for vegetarians, I am pretty sure I got a very unhealthy dose of it last night. I am pretty sure I saw the world's largest grill, more fried food than an entire country should have and a cow so large it was proudly advertised that it would make "10,000 Burgers."

Is anyone else really appalled by that? This is a living creature, a still living breathing creature--and yet we still have to relate it to what people can consume. Turn a beautiful living breathing creature into nothing more than a dead carcass and dinner.

The fair was not a total loss. I did have the best ear of corn ever, complete with hot sauce! I got to enjoy the lovely company of my brothers, ride the ferris wheel and see some amazing woodworking. I also got to ride an elephant (don't worry, they were happy and healthy and the proceeds benefit an elephant sanctuary) and pet a bevy of wonderful farm animals. So if you go to the OC Super Fair, prepare yourself fellow Lactosucrovegetards, it's a trip.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, want to get a cheeseburger milkshake with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mean rice cheese boca burger and soymilkshake....absolutely. Or I will just watch you eat your cheeseburger and milkshake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete